Saturday, December 6, 2014

One of a kind show in Chicago


So my sister had a couple tickets to this craft show she heard about a while back and I actually had the day off so it was a date. We hopped the train and headed into the city. A quick 30 minutes later we were walking to The Merchandise Mart on the Chicago river.  I love living close, but just far enough, to such a beautiful city.

Up to the 7th floor we went and we entered The One of a Kind Craft Show.

This show was so big they had it divided up into districts. There were more than 600 painters, potters, sculptors, glass blowers, woodworkers, tons of jewelry makers, and of course good old crafters. The Etsy section was great cuz it gave smaller crafters space to display thier wares since the booth fee is pretty pricy, starting at $2,500 for a 100 sq foot space for the four days.  Everyone said the day we went was the slow day so I can't imagine what the weekend foot traffic would have been like.

So a shopping we went.  I wanted to share my favorite booths that we either made purchases from or plan to do so in the near future.

Ashley Buchanan Jewelry
Build With Wood
Cassie Arnold Art
Naughty and Nice
Starshaped Press
Chuck Wimmer
After School Matters
Artistic Nerfect Novelties
Kevin Lahvic

Here's the stuff I came home with.

Fern Necklace from Build with Wood

Ornament from Kevin Lahvic

Ornament from After School Matters

T-shirt of a squirrel having a foundation drink from Artistic Nerfect Novelties aka Mr. Walters

I didn't buy this, as it was one of the decorations for the event, but I loved this giant yarn wreath by the entrance.  You can't tell from the picture but it was about 5 feet tall.

So in review......GO TO THIS SHOW!  The selection of vendors and reasonable prices in a wide range of price points make this a great event for any craft or art lover. I know i found a few artists that I will be asking my hubby to get me Christmas and birthday presents from for a while. Plus the biggest thing I walked away with was some amazing inspiration from a lot of creative and friendly people.

Create on!
Anita

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the links! I love that squirrel T shirt! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally welcome! I had a great time browsing and love to share a good squirrel shirt.

      Delete